Willow Creek Cooperative Preschool is a non profit preschool located in Westland, Michigan. We have been serving Westland, Wayne, Canton, Garden City, Livonia, and surrounding communities for over 40 years. The WCCP board and administration is run entirely by parent volunteers. We are licensed by the State of Michigan and the Department of Social Services. We are members of the Greater Detroit Preschool Teachers’ Association and we admit students of any race, sex, creed or national origin. We are located in the country setting of, but not affiliated with, Kirk of Our Savior Church.
Willow Creek Co-op was founded in the fall of 1972. We are a cooperative preschool that relies heavily on the parent/teacher relationship. Parent involvement from the beginning creates happy, confident and secure children. Parents are, after all, their child’s first teacher.
We have classes for children ages two through five. At WCCP, you can expect your child to learn cooperative play, following directions and meeting wonderful friends. Our preschool offers a variety of materials, including a sensory table, play dough area, art area, reading nook, science, math, writing and other fine and large motor activities. We have a fenced in playground with plenty of space to run around and play. The student restroom is located in the classroom.
Why a Co-Op?
Cooperative preschools rely on parent involvement in order to keep tuition low and provide a quality academic environment for our students.
Benefits of Cooperative Preschools:
For the parents
- Parent involvement with children in a hands-on learning environment.
- Affordable tuition.
- Sharing special times and memories with your child.
- A voice in making policies and a vote on decisions.
- Time to observe your child with other young children in a group setting.
- A place to make use of your talents.
For the Children
- A safe and nurturing environment.
- A parent who participates in their child’s education.
- An atmosphere in which they are encouraged to be curious and creative.
- A teacher who is always there for them.
- A place designed and equipped especially for them to try out new activities and ideas.
- Interaction with other children.
- Offers 2 1/2 hours of class time for the 3 year and 4 year classes and 1.5 hours for 2 year class.
- Our staff consists of an early childhood teacher and assistant teacher.
- We are licensed by the State of Michigan. As a member of the Greater Detroit Cooperative Nursery Council, WCCP admits students of any race, sex, creed or national origin.
What is expected of Willow Creek parents?
- Pay monthly tuition and a non-refundable $35 registration fee.
- Attendance at August orientation meeting and general membership meetings.
- Volunteer in the classroom 1-2 times a month, depending on class size and length of month.
- For some class sessions you will also provide a healthy snack for the class.
- Participation in fundraising activities. Each family currently has a $100 fundraising fee per year. Fundraisers are determined by the board at the beginning of the school year and may vary from year to year.
- Participation in one of the membership job committees.